How to Play the Gong – Austin, TX
July 16 - July 17$449
How to Play the Gong
Gong Practitioner Certification
A complete in-person course for learning and improving your gong playing.
In this certification course, you will learn:
- How the different areas of the Gong affect energy
- Mallets and striking techniques
- Creating playing sequences
- Controlling volume and experiencing rhythm
- Playing intuitively by yourself and with others
- The nature of sound and healing
- How to select and take care of your Gong
A wide variety of different Gongs available for you to explore and play. No previous gong or musical experience required.
Mehtab Benton, the originator of Gong Yoga and author of Gong Therapy, has instructed yoga students, teachers, sound healers, and therapists in 20 countries how to play and use the gong for healing and transformation. He has played the Gong for over 25 years and his books on the gong have been translated into seven different languages.
Saturday 12:00 -5:30pm
Tuition: 449 USD
- Includes Mehtab’s book, Gong Yoga
- Includes refreshments and vegan lunch on Sunday
- Includes your certificate of completion as a certified Gong Player from the International Gong Yoga Association
- PLUS – 10% discount on all items (including Gongs) at our on-site Gong Store!
Limited to 24 students for quality instruction and participation.
About the Location
Still Waters Retreat Center is located on 62 acres of non-working ranchland within the Austin city limits. The facility has a ranch house for relaxation, visiting and refreshments, and another building and area for yoga, meditation and gong playing. Walking trails abound, with a labyrinth, natural creek, and outside places to gather with others or be with yourself.