Want to narrow your search? Type any keywords into the search bar here!
How to Play the Gong – Wageningen, Netherlands
October 21 - October 22
How to Play the Gong, Level 1
21-22 October (Wednesday-Thursday) 10:00-17:00
This training for both beginning and experienced players explores the fundamentals of professional gong playing for relaxation and healing.
From basic mallet techniques to constructing playing sequences, you will learn to play the gong from a place of intuition and elevation.
In this two-day course you will master the foundational practices of gong playing:
- The Philosophy of Gong
- Playing Positions for the Gong
- Basic Mallet and Striking techniques
- Primary Playing Areas of the Gong
- Percussion Points and Creating Playing Sequences
- Controlling Volume and Experiencing rhythm
- Basic Gong Care and Selection
There are many opportunities for hands-on practice with several gongs in this informational and practical course.