Tripping Out with Kundalini Yoga:
Two Sets to Take with You
For many people, summer time brings short and long distance trips that can shake up our routines for the better – less time in front of a computer and more time in the “real” world for example.
Yet there is routine you need to take with your when you travel: your daily practice of Kundalini Yoga.
The challenge with travel and a daily yoga practice are two-fold: we often do not have a regular time (or enough time) for our yoga and it may also be hard to know what to do if we have been relying on attending kundalini yoga classes with a teacher.
I want to share with you two excellent Kundalini traveling practices that are:
- Short – three exercises!
- Easy to remember and do
- Powerfully moves and realigns your energy from travel
The first Kundalini Yoga set is an energy booster that resets your emotions. It also provides a great stretch and opening of the lower body after too much sitting while traveling.
To Raise Energy and Elevate Mood
- 26 (okay maybe less!) Frog Poses
- 26 Seated Forward Bends (Life Nerve Stretches)
- 3 minutes of Sat Kriya
Repeat up to 4 times in a row as needed.
Increase Circulation and Open the Hips
- 26 Windmill Stretches, side to side, inhale up and exhale across and down
- 26 Jumping Jacks, clapping hands overhead on inhale, slapping sides on exhale
- 1 to 3 minutes of Breath of Fire while moving from standing position to crow pose with arms bent at elbows so hands are held up in front of the shoulders with palms facing forward. **Although the photo shows arms extended and palms facing the ground, this exercise is done with the elbows bent and pulled into the chest with the palms facing forward.**
Question: What did you do on your summer vacation?
Answer: Kundalini Yoga!
View Upcoming Teacher Trainings Here:
View Mehtab’s Other Newsletters Here: